Are you a 3D Generalist who loves working on cool projects and wants to set the bar in a new industry? PrecisionOS is currently seeking a talented and experienced artist for upcoming VR projects.
At Precision, we create industry-leading educational modules that help train residents and surgeons in a highly immersive VR environment. Come use your skills to help us push the boundaries of VR visuals and change the future of medical education.
You are a mid- to senior-level Generalist who possesses a wide variety of computer graphic skills to deliver high-quality art without exceeding the technical limitations of VR. You will be familiar with a variety of software such as Maya, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter, and Zbrush (Houdini a big bonus). Using your artistic skills to make real-world applications motivates you. You take pride and ownership over your work from start to finish. You enjoy the creative challenges found in evolving tech!
- Accurately plan and scope assigned art tasks and deliver on schedule
- Work with the CG Supervisor, Engineers, and Project Manager to create high-quality art and bring assets into the production engine
- Create 3D models, textures, UV’s, lighting, skeletons, rigs, and animations
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Work with UX designer to solve the unique challenges of interacting in VR
- Collaborate with engineers to diagnose and resolve problems
- 3+ years of experience combined in game/film development and/or AR/VR
- Have shipped products as a 3D Generalist or within a similar CG discipline
- Proven artistic ability across multiple CG disciplines including modeling, texturing, and animation
- An understanding of performance implications of CG art asset creation in real-time engines/VR
- Ability to prioritize tasks and provide efficient time estimates
- Advanced abilities in the use of primary artist tools such as Maya, Zbrush, Houdini, etc.
- Experience using game engines preferred (Unreal)
Working at PrecisionOS
In addition to working in a growing studio with a culture of teamwork and collaboration. We also offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Extended medical & dental benefits
- Paid vacation
- Career growth opportunities
- Ability to work from home during COVID
- Supportive and fun company culture
- Open to remote work for the right candidate
This is an opportunity to join a great team of developers and artists on the cutting edge of VR. . Come help us build something no one has ever experienced before. Apply today by submitting your resume! We are accepting applications from outside Vancouver and Canada!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org